Due To The Chinese New Year We Will Have Shipping Delays

Environmental Effects of Plastic & Plastic Toothbrushes

But, I thought plastic was recyclable? While some plastic are indeed recyclable, most are not! Only 20% of all plastic used on Earth becomes recycled, that leaves the remaining 80% left on landfills and oceans. Plastic waste harms the environment, wildlife, and us (humans)! Everyone and everything is impacted by plastic waste.

 

 

By creating plastic waste, the waste often tends to become entangled to animals such as turtles, whales, birds, elephants and more! Wildlife also tend to consume plastic waste thinking that it is food but it is not. This often times has killed them due to chocking hazards and plastic waste stuck inside of their digestive system leading to an end of their life. One way humans may consume plastic is by eating a fish that has consumed plastic waste before, there is also plastic debris everywhere called microplastics. Microplastics are so small that we don't even realize that we are constantly eating and even inhaling them in our bodies every day!

 

 

More than one billion plastic toothbrushes end up in landfills every year and that's only just for North America! This equals to about 50 million pounds of plastic waste annually! We don't want any plastic toothbrushes to end up as animal food and end up taking their precious lives. There's no better day to make the switch to bamboo toothbrushes than today. Help us create a better, brighter future, one step at a time by making the switch to bamboo!

 

~ Savetheearthbrushes Team